Thursday, August 6, 2009

Its been a while...

We are now living in Virginia. It's a very big city that we live in and I have to say ... I really miss my small town! To drive anywhere...besides on post... takes FOREVER!!! AND there are NO Super Wal-Marts in the area! Do you know how long it's been since I have been to a Wal-Mart that isn't a Supercenter? LOL... All in all I guess we like our new area pretty well. Our house is coming along. For those of you that move often, you know the challenges of "where do I put my stuff now"... now add my mothers stuff to the mix... we now have A LOT of stuff to fit in our 1900 sq ft house ;o).

As if life wasn't crazy enough, I decided that the entertainment center needed a new paint job... and since I didn't want to be to "matchy matchy" a friend encouraged me to paint it RED . I have to be honest, there were times as I was painting that I truly questioned our friendship LOL!!! In case you ever have a lapse in sanity and think to yourself... HHMMM I think I want to paint something red... know right now that it takes a bazillion coats... plus a red coat primer ;o). OK, OK,OK... all kidding aside... I LOVE how it turned out. The color is totally perfect and added the pop that the room, with WHITE walls, needed. So, here are some pics of the entertainment center.






Any ideas on how to hide the gamecube???
I think a flatscreen would probably do the trick ;o).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, think it is just lovely. And keep in mind, if you don't want white walls, most of the time housing policy allows you to paint them as long as you paint them back before you go. :)

Zech Josh said...

Good Morning Sherrills

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love you! Miss you guys terribly! (miss Northern Virginia too!)

The Cherry Family said...

Love the red! and I love the cherries! ;o)
Can't wait to see more and hear all about your trips to DC!

Karen Sherrill said...

Good morning Josh! How are you all doing? Give your sweet momma a hug for me ;o)


Deb... I have some Virginia homeschool questions for you!

Thanks Amanda... I thought of you when I chose the cherries for my blog ;o).

The band SHADES said...

Well Karen I wouldn't have thought a "RED" entertainment center would be appealing but it looks very nice!Thank you friend again! :)

We miss you guys! Hopefully we will get to see you guys soon!

love ya!
Bobye

Amy Smith said...

I feel your pain about missing the small town. Traffic- ick.

But a town without a Walmart??? HUGE perk!!! (Just think of all the money you will save in NOT going there, the sanity you will keep!!)

And there are all the charms of Virginia. :) Can we say, ECD lessons?!?!

<3 Amy