Monday, November 17, 2008

Being Resourceful

This week the character quatility we are learning about is:
Resourcefulness VS Wastefulness
Wise use of that which others would normally overlook or discard
*These are some examples of resourcefulness around our house* Shannon and I found this chair in someones trash pile on the way home from the commissary...Tory now uses it to sit at her desk to do school.
While living at Ft. Hood a neighbor was taking down their old fence to put up a new one...Shannon borrowed a truck and brought some of it home for me. Well, shortly after that Shannon left for Korea for a year so it sat there... in the garage...taking up space. Thankfully a friend of a friend did wood work...so I told him that if he would make me a bookshelf I would just give him all the wood.

Years ago when I worked at JCpenny I picked up this candle display. They were just going to throw it away so I asked it I could have it. The guy told me "yes" if I could pick it up that night ;o). I think I am going to paint it again...blue is what I'm thinkin'


Shannon pick up two end tables from the side of the road.
THANKS BABE!!!



The barn red board that all the pictures are sitting on and hanging from... someone had just torn down a back porch and put all the boards and a set of steps on the curb. While Shannon and I were coming back from a Sonic run I was all...STOP!!! I need those ;o). The steps are pictured on the front porch fall decorations.





1 comment:

The Cherry Family said...

I am all about that! I love looking thru other people's trash!