Friday, January 23, 2009

Old Books

For my show and tell this week I will be showing you all a couple of old books that Tory and I found at the Goodwill. Lately, I have been unsatisfied with my house arrangement. I shared this with a friend of mine and so she lent me a few great books on 'how to"...well in one of the books it suggests that you "train your eye" to decorating by checking out books to study what look you are going for...now back to the Goodwill...I had seen this book and thought, "This is a great looking book, but the jungle print wouldn't really work with my decor..." so I didn't get it.
A few days later I went to the Library and was very surprised to find the very book that I had passed up! Tory and I then went to the Goodwill...thankfully it was still there...and bought it!
I really like it!



Being an Army wife...I can relate to the title ;o).

Copyright, 1940

This is my favorite part about the book... makes me wonder who they were ;o).

While we were buying "I Married Adventure" Tory spotted another vintage book...

Old books work great when your candle sticks need an extra lift

Copyright, 1957

While we are not Jewish, we do appreciate good poetry.

I found these while flipping through the pages. I wonder if they put them on that specific page for a reason? What a romantic thought!

Thanks Kelli!!! Make sure to stop by Kelli's blog to see all the other Show and Tells!!!
Show and Tell

10 comments:

Julieann said...

LUCKY DUCKY!!!! I love, love, love old books, and you found some treasures with the inscription and rose petals---!

Julieann

SmilingSally said...

You've shown some good display ideas for these books. Thanks for sharing. Happy S&T Day.

Janet, said...

I love old books too. That's a neat idea how you displayed it. I have books that have inscriptions and writing in them and sometimes I find things inside them, old receipts, etc. And in answer to your random question on your blog, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom. I stayed home and raised my three boys, and loved it.

Belinda said...

What great finds...beautiful old books! And you are so creative with how you display them, they really become a part of the vignette, not just a prop. Beautiful! :-)

Anonymous said...

How nice to find such nice old books.

A Hint of Home said...

I see you found some old treasures, too. It does make you wonder who owned and wrote in those old books. Thanks for visiting me.

Linda C said...

Great post AND great decorating idea!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Linda C

The Cherry Family said...

We were shopping the goodwill in tulsa this weekend and found some old books too! great minds, I tell ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,

Two of my favorite things old books and Goodwill! Thanks for visiting my show and tell.

Angela

Patchwork Mill, Maria said...

Hi Karen,
I am sure, that your old-new book is interesting! And I found a beautiful quilt behind the candles!
:)
Maria