For my show and tell this week I would like to share blankets. Over the last two years I have began to quilt. My daughters have watched me make quilts for other people and have asked each time, "Mom, when are you going to make us quilts"...
This is the quilt I am making for my daughter Amie. We went to Joann's the other week and picked out fabric...her favorite color...BLUE!!!
*Question for all you quilters out there: What is the best quilter sewing machine out there?*
This is where I keep all the baby blankets I have. I have kept all the special blankets from my four girls. The orange blanket was made for me from my great grandmother. Mom said Nanny didn't have very much money and just used what yarn she had...bright orange. I love it!


























16 comments:
Karen, I LOVE YOUR Post today of Show & Tell on your Quilt you're making. A VIKING sewing machine is your best bet for quilting! My mother is an avid quilter, but does all by hand., but her good friend does both by hand and machine and she actually teaches how to use the Viking. Stop by and see me for a visit when you get a chance! I love your blog! ;) ~CC Catherine of "Catherine de th`e Cups"
Sorry, no advice about sewing machines. But I do love the way you display the baby quilts.
I had to laugh about you not receiving your baby blanket till way later. ha. At least she did finish it! :)
I wish I had a pretty cabinet to display our house's baby blankets in! I'm forever trying to figure out a better place to keep them than in a box in the basement!
What a cute garland you made, it is so charming.
What wonderful things to show and tell about. I especially like the baby blanket that your mother made for you. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Elizabeth
Beautiful! I love quilts!
My favorite is the one your mom made, esp. the chickens, how adorable! ;)
I love your quilts and the cabinet where you keep the blankets. I love that the Bible open.
That must be a lot of work to do these beautiful quilts !
Love, love, love the quilts! I admire quilters- amazing craftwomen!
The quilt that your mom made was precious. The chickens are my favorite!
Thanks for sharing all of your treasures:)
Linda C
Wow, a self-taught quilter, that's really impressive to me. The baby blanket your mom made reminds me of one my grandma made for me, only mine is aqua and white!
I'm so glad to meet you. You have a nice blog, and I'm glad to meet another homeschooler :-)
Hi Karen,
I just love your Show and Tell! Looking at all of your beautiful quilts made me want to just scootch under one of them with a cup of tea!
The one from your Mom made me laugh. My aunt started an embroidered piece for my 18th birthday. I'll be 49 next month and have yet to receive it. Such a hoot.
Thank you for your visiting my little blog and leaving your kind comments. I hope we can visit again soon.
Hi Karen! I love this Show and Tell...I get a very cozy, warm vibe from what you share of you and your home.
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope we'll be great bloggy friends!
That's awesome that your hubby reenlisted!! My hubby is a retired Army helicopter pilot. He misses it a lot!!
Have a joy-filled weekend!
Becky
That is so cool that you quilt. My dad was raised Amish, so I have a lot of history of fabulous quilters on his side of the house. I pieced a quilt together and my Amish aunt quilted it. I treasure it now as she is gone to be with the Lord. The quilt for your daughter is beautiful. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!
What a sweet blanket collection, Karen! The quilt your mom made is beautiful...that yellow is my favorite color. :0)
~Kelli
P.s Thank you for the birthday wishes!
Lovely, all of them.
Alfazema
Amie's quilt turned out so great! I think it looks much better then the picture in the mag! You got that done so quickly! LOVE IT!!
Post a Comment