Friday, February 20, 2009

Show & Tell Tea Cups

For my Show & Tell Friday this week I'm going to share my...and my four daughters...tea cups. When Grandma Sherrill went into a retirement home last year us girls were able to pick out some of her Mrs. P. F. E. Albee award tea cups. This has started something!!! The tea cup bug has defiantly bit the Sherrill house ;o). Make sure to stop by Kelli's house to check out all the other wonderful Show & Tell bloggers!Above the kitchen sink.
Serves two purposes...dresses up the kitchen sink area and easy access to put them up after being used ;o).
The first tea cup is mine...I love how unique it is and how soft the colors are. Tory's is the brown and cream tea cup... her favorite color combination...brown with____ insert color here ;o).


Amie chose the blue tea cup...again, her favorite color ;o). Kaitlyn's is the pretty pink tea cup.

Kristin chose this tea cup because of the year on the bottom...2004- the year Smarty Jones won the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness ;o).

The next three tea cups are hopefully for our future daughters ;o).

This one is my second favorite. I love roses...

The cook book was also Grandma Sherrill's... the copy right date on it is 1926, so I'm thinking it may have been her mothers as well.

This is Tory's tea set I bought with Christmas money for her at our local thrift store...for $45.00!!!
*Thanks for stopping by... Hope everyone has a blessed day ;o)*

Show and Tell

25 comments:

~CC Catherine said...

Hi Karen, What a lovely teacup collection you and your daughters have started with heirlooms, they're my favorite in my own collection. This is the start of someting big, I can confirm that for you... ;) Blessings... ~CC Catherine

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh what wonderful teacups. Having the ones that belonged to your grandma is just so wonderful. I have just begun a teacup and dish fettish, and it is very addicting. I love the find at GW, they are so great and inexpensive that I can enjoy a new addiction. lol Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and I so look forward to visiting yours often. Hugs, Marty

American Homemaker said...

I love your teacups! Thanks for the comment on my show & tell... I don't know anything about the dishes I display, I just grab dishes with pink flowers whenever I see them at thrift stores or yard sales for under $1.

Kelli said...

Gorgeous teacups...wow! I love all of the pretty details.
~Kelli

Lori said...

Lovely tea cups. In my household we serve tea in large white fine china coffee mugs! I don't know how that started. But I can see myself being drawn towards the more feminine side of tea drinking after seeing your collection. Thanks for sharing.

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Those are very pretty teacups. I know who Mrs. Albee is as I used to sell Avon, however my awards are figurines.

So glad your dd's have some pretties of their grandmothers. Have an nice weekend☺

JudyBug said...

How lucky you are to have 4 lovely daughters. The teacups are just gorgeous and will be a lot of fun to use and share.

JudyBug

TJ said...

I love Kaitlyn's pretty pink cup! Just beautiful.

Jules said...

I love your teacup collection! Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Yep...you and your daughters are hooked. I love teacups and can't seem to pass a pretty one up, even though, I don't need it!

Lois Christensen said...

What beautiful tea cups!!! I love your collection!! And how nice that they're not in a cabinet but on display!!!

The Cherry Family said...

Wow, you have some great stuff for the china cabinet! I will email you pictures soon!!

Unknown said...

A great collection - love why each cup/saucer was chosen.

Susan B said...

All the teacups are so beautiful. I love the tea set too, very pretty! What a wonderful find. Have a lovely weekend!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

hi Karen.. love all the teacups especially the one in pink & blue.. have a great weekend!

Cass @ That Old House said...

You and your daughters are building a beautiful collection, and that is has its foundation in your grandmother's tea cups makes it all the more precious. Lovely!
Cass

Kathy said...

A wonderful collection of tea cups you have with your daughters!
Kathy

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

Beautiful collection of tea cups. I love all of them. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Elizabeth

Lisa Cobler said...

What a beautiful collection! My favorite is the one with the roses.

Kimberly @ Raising Olives said...

Beautiful tea cups. My girls and I enjoy tea parties and we each have our own special cup, but nothing as lovely as yours thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Kimberly

Karen said...

Hi, Karen, thanks for stopping by my blog. Your teacups are beautiful!! My daughter and I enjoy having tea parties together...she would love these.
Karen

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I love tea cups! Those from your grandmother are very pretty! The one with roses that is "yours" is also my favorite!

Katherine

The Old Parsonage said...

I love your teacups, they are somehow romantic.

Thanks for stopping by,

Mrs.T said...

How beautiful everything is!! I must say that the pink teacup is my very favorite, though. One of my married daughters has a lovely collection of teacups (many inherited from her husband's grandma) and uses them when friends come for tea. Such fun.

Thanks for sharing.
God bless,
Mrs.T

Alice said...

your tea cups are beautiful and very special. i love how your one daughter picked a certain cup because of the date - relating to the horse winnings. what a great story! your tea set us beautiful as well. thanks for sharing this with us :O).

There is always room for you in The Shadow of the Cross. Feel free to visit anytime.