Friday, February 27, 2009

Time With Tory

When Tory and I have our special time we usually go to the Goodwill, The New-and-Not Shop, and recently we added Angel's Bargains and an Antique shop in Midway. We both love old things and our outings bring many opportunities for special conversations.I found these at the Goodwill for $2.68 a set! They only had three plates, but I went ahead and bought all the cups anyway... they were only .69 cents each!

Hard to see, I know... when we move to Virginia, this shelf will be one of the first pieces that I paint.

Two cups "made in England". (GW)

There were three of these plates... no markings, but I seem to have a fancy for rose dishes ;o). (GW)

A blue vase for $1.00 at The New-And-Not shop.

The green jars started out being the girls piggy banks years ago... then we put our flour and sugar in them. Then somewhere along the way we bought the amber jar. Well, about a month ago Tory had the AWESOME idea to use them for our cooking utensils... instead of the ugly Tool-turn-about. But I just didn't love the plastic with the wooden spoons...So when I saw the clear jar at the Antique store for $4.99 I did a big WOO HOO ;o)!

Finally...I found four dinner and four saucer milk glass plates at Angel's Bargain thrift store....for $5.00. I mean, all of them for $5.00!!!
* Tory has her "deals" posted on her blog: Pressing Toward the Mark*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a lot better at decorating than me girl. It is very pretty.