Friday, February 27, 2009

Show & Tell Hand Made Projects

Show and Tell



For my Show & Tell this week I would like to share some of the home made projects that I have been working on.This is Amie's quilt that now has the borders sewn on...yea! I decided to wait until after our move to quilt it, though.

The model... Miss pompous puffball herself, Squeakers ;o).

This is my wreath that I change with the seasons... and to me...nothing says "Spring" like tulips do ;o).

Sweet kitty Bo likes tulips as well ;o).

I have been wanting to make my own oven mitts for a while now. I even bought all the stuff to make them. But my motivation was pretty low... until last weeks Show & Tell. There was a wonderful blogger that made her own tea towels... that got me goin'! I wish that I could remember the blog to give her credit!

So, sewing binding is a lot harder than I thought... any tips would be MUCH appreciated ;o).

Back to the tea towels... here are the three that I made.
I used leftover material from Amie's quilt.


Thanks for stopping by...
make sure to visit Kelli's, There's No Place Like Home, and have a look at all the wonderful Show & Tell's!

15 comments:

The Cherry Family said...

I love it all! I know what you mean about the binding, I was going to make everyone pot holders for Christmas but once I started sewing the bias tape I think I went a little crazy! I scrapped that project! you'll have to share your laundry soap recipe with me!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt that will be. I also love all of your post. Great job!!

Sue said...

Fantastic quilt, loved the colors!!! and of course the kitty.I need to get motivated to change my wreath, spring will soon come and go.
Thanks foe sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your projects look wonderful. The blues in the quilt are so rich. Very pretty!

Lisa Cobler said...

I love the quilt! Beautiful projects!

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

You have been busy. I love it all, especially the quilt. You did a great job on everything. Thanks for sharing them.

Blessings,
Elizabeth

Denise said...

Thanks for your comment on my Show and Tell, Karen! Love your quilt and crafts here--the blues are wonderful! We have something in common in that I was a military wife, too. My DH retired from the Marines two years ago!

Ingrid said...

I love your wreath ! what a good idea to change it with the seasons !
I'll ask my 5 cats to help me,lol !

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh the quilt is just gorgeous. I made a quilt for each of my children and then said done. I love all the blues that you chose, it is just so pretty. Thanks for stopping by my blog I appreciate your gracious comments. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

You do good work...all very nice and I love the colors...maybe, I will pull out some fabric today and dress up some tea towels...see, now you are a source of inspiration too!

Blessings,
Susie

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Very pretty quilt and tea towels. I also love your finds from the thrifting trip in the post after that.

Irma said...

Those are lovely, you did a great job! I just bought my first sewing machine a couple of months ago but still have to figure it out! I wish my mom lived closer so she could teach me.
Thanks for the comment on my blog :)

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Nice projects! The kitty sleeping on the quilts is so sweet!

Katherine

Secondhand Blessings said...

Hello;
I just wanted to drop in and thank you for visiting my blog. All your projects are really nice, I never learned the art of sewing. I bought a sewing machine about 5 years ago to teach myself, I can barely thread the thing! I think I might just stick with hand sewing.
This was my first visit to your blog. I've really enjoyed my visit.
Brenda

HsKubes said...

How lovely! What wonderful work!
I hope to quilt one day and I just love seeing the finished products, as they encourage me to learn!

Thank you so much for visiting me.
~ Christina