Thursday, February 5, 2009

Shannon's Re Enlistment 2009

Wow, I thought this day would never come! We have been waiting forever...at least is seemed like it, anyway ;o). Humbly I admit that I am apparently not a patient person...we have been in this "holding pattern" for several months and it totally wore me down. I know things happen in Gods timing...I know all things happen for Gods glory...I kept telling myself these things, but for some reason I just became weary... thankfully I serve a Mighty God who can forgive a weary sinner such as I!!! So, thank you God for letting this happen in your timing and for your glory! Capt. Schuerger congratulating and thanking Shannon on his decision to re enlist.

The swearing in...this was so cool. You know how when the President is sworn into office...how deep and meaningful his oath is...that's what I thought about when I heard Shannon saying his oath.
I, Shannon Lee Sherrill do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the constitution of the United Stated against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United Stated and the orders of the Officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the uniform code of military justice. So help me God!

Capt. Schuerger giving Shannon his re enlistment certificate.

Shannon is so excited... he was happy all day!

Before anyone says it...the twins WERE HAPPY! They are just the type that have to be prompted to smile for pics and the girls taking the pic...just took the pic ;o). Anyway...even I got a certificate thanking me for standing behind me soldier and all the hard work that goes with it...very cool ;o).

Shannon with Ssg Sims.

Not sure who he's talking with ...I was just trying to get pics of everyone at this time ;o).

Shannon and Capt. S...who is also going to Fort Belvoir soon.

SSG Gentry and SFC Taylor.
Shannon really likes Gentry...they talk politics ;o).

Spec. Harder...this is Shannon's soldier. All of these soldiers are from the s-2 shop where Shannon works.

No comments: