Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Exciting News

Whenever we found out that we were expecting our fourth child it was very overwhelming for us...we thought having a tubal... getting "fixed"... would be the answer. Only after it was done did we realize what a mistake it was. I was 21 when I had it done...I am now 36 and I can tell you that with age comes wisdom. Only after I was barren did I truly know what a blessing it was to be able to have children. For many years we didn't have the money to get the reversal...then we found out that I could get it done for free through the military. I thought, "AWESOME"...but God had other plans. You see, I wasn't at the place in my life where I could say in my heart, "Lord, if you bless me children...thank you. If you don't bless me with children...thank you. I have done this out of obedience unto you." I don't want to be like Esau and only be sorry for what I did after I realized the consequences. Anyway, the Lord closed the door on the free reversal and worked on my heart. Now...15 years later... on March 30th...Shannon and I will be in North Carolina and I will truly be getting "fixed" by getting a reversal ;o). Praise The Lord!!!

*If anyone is considering getting a tubal...please reconsider. There are many emotional and physical issues that will come from it. I will be more that willing to share my testimony with anyone that would like to hear it.

~Proverbs 30 15b-16: There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things that say not, it is enough: the grave; and the barren woman; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not; It is enough.~

2 comments:

The Cherry Family said...

Oh my gosh, I will pray for you, I bet the girls will be wonderful older sisters to a new baby!

Secondhand Blessings said...

Congradulations!