Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dishes

But godliness with contentment is great gain.
For we brought nothing into this world, and it
is certain we can carry nothing out.
And having food and raiment let us be
therewith content. 1 Tim 6:6-8
I have always wanted Corelle dishes, but could never afford to get the Ivy pattern that I wanted. So I decided to not be "woe-is-me" about it anymore and to be content with what I had. After my attitude change, whenever the girls and I went to the Goodwill's, flea markets, and garage sales we started to find several of the older patterns at prices I could afford... free and cheap ;o) . Well, a friend of mine saw one of the pattens that I had and said...I have this set...do you want them when we PCS to Germany?...Well, sadly the Bushes are leaving us...Debbie came by yesterday and gave me ALL these dishes. There are so many between hers and mine that I am able to save some for the girls for when they get married and move out. Needless to say they were excited, too. Thank you so much for this huge blessing. Look at all these dishes!!!
Amie picked this pattern. Kaitlyn wants all the miscellaneous ones.
Tory chose the white. Kristin is getting the tulip pattern.
Spring Blossom Green ...this one is mine ;o) .

3 comments:

Peyton's Mom said...

Amie - I'm with you!! The blue was my favorite too!!

Ladies - hope you all enjoy your dishware!!

Much love!!

Just me-Jerri said...

spring blossom green was what I grew up with!!!!!!!!! Kendra says that makes it an antique.

Karen Sherrill said...

tell that girl to HUSH!!!...lol